The cheerful celebration of the National Chinese New Year will be organized again as before in the Atrium of the City Hall in The Hague and in Chinatown in The Hague on February 24, 2024. All activities are free of access.
The Chinese New Year in The Hague has a long tradition. In 2002, the municipality of The Hague signed an agreement with the Chinese community, the LFCON and the embassy stating that the National Chinese New Year Celebration (CNY) would be held in The Hague from that year onwards. The New Year festivities take place in the Atrium of the City Hall in The Hague and in the Chinatown The Hague, with street parades on the Plein and in the city center of The Hague.
The Chinese New Year celebration in The Hague is a special event. It distinguishes itself from the New Year’s celebrations in the other major cities due to its size, the program, and unique collaboration with the municipality of The Hague. It is characteristic that young and old, both internationally and nationally, including the residents of The Hague, actively participate. It provides The Hague with a unique platform in the Netherlands, in which mutual culture, knowledge exchange and common values are the central focus.
2024: Year of the Dragon
Every year, a new year begins at the end of January/beginning of February according to the Chinese calendar. According to the Chinese zodiac, 2024 is all about the Dragon. Unlike the Western zodiac signs, the Chinese zodiac is based on the year of birth rather than the month of birth.
For more information about the organisation, go to www.chineesnieuwjaar-denhaag.nl
Program Atrium City Hall (for all program details, see the flyers below the text)
- 10AM Opening of the program in the Atrium of the City Hall in The Hague.
- 10:30AM uur Parade with Chinese lion and dragon dances Chinatown & Spuiplein.
- 11:45AM uur Official opening ceremony in the Atrium of the City Hall, speeches by the Mayor of The Hague, the Chinese Ambassador, the Chairman of the National Chinese New Year Celebration Committee 2024, delegations and key committee members.
- 12PM until 2:30PM Presentation Festival of Spring, Cultures of China.
- 2:30PM until 5PM Varied program with performances by local Chinese and Dutch artists.
For the program in China Town The Hague, go to www.chinatowndenhaag.com.
Thank you for your interest in organising your activity in the Atrium!Click on the below Application Form button and enter your request.You will receive an answer within a fortnight.Application form